Indian Institutes of Management announced the highlights of the Common Admission Test 2011 (CAT 2011).
Prometric, trusted provider of market-leading test development and test delivery solutions is IIMs’ partner in developing and delivering CAT 2011.
1. The number of test days has been retained at 20 days within the window from 22 October to 18 November 2011. This would provide candidates with the flexibility of choosing a suitable test day based on their convenience.
2. For those candidates who are differently abled, additional support will be provided as required.
3. The CAT 2011 will have only two sections.
4. The first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation;
5. the second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
6. These two sections will be implemented sequentially with separate time limits.
7. The examination will be 140 minutes.
8. Candidates will have 70 minutes to answer 30 questions within each section which will have an on-screen countdown timer.
9. Within the 70 min provided for the section, candidates can review the answers.
10. Once the time ends for the first section, they will move to the second section and will no longer be able to go back.
11. A 15-minute tutorial will be provided before the start of the test, and candidates are advised to go through that carefully before starting the main examination.
12. The total duration will be two hours and thirty five minutes including the tutorial.
13. A practice test to provide candidates with a feel of the timed sections, as well as navigation and functionality of the actual test will be made available in the coming weeks.
14. Once again candidates are advised to go though them carefully to familiarize themselves with the screens, layout, and navigation.
15. At the test venue, each candidate will be seated at a desk with a computer terminal and he/she will be provided with a scratch paper for calculations.
16. After the test, candidate must leave the scratch paper at the desk.
17. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper/sheet, as nothing will be allowed inside the testing room.
18. No breaks will be given during the test.
19. Three new cities - Bhilai, Jammu and Dehradun - have been added to the existing 33 test locations.
20. CAT brochures can now be purchased from any one of the 201 branches of Axis Bank.
21. IIMs and Prometric have reviewed the operational processes and contingent on the continued punctuality of candidates, the check-in procedure this year will start one-and-a-half hours before the scheduled test time instead of the previous two hours. With this change, we are also able to have an earlier start time of 3:15pm for the afternoon session.
22. CAT 2011 Test Sites = Ahmedabad Bangalore, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh Chennai Cochin Coimbatore Dehradun Durgapur Faridabad Ghaziabad GreaterNoida Gurgaon Guwahati Hyderabad Indore Jaipur Jammu Jamshedpur Kolkata Kozhikode Lucknow Mumbai Nagpur Navi Mumbai New Delhi Noida Patna Pune Ranchi Shillong Siliguri Varanasi Vishakhapatnam
Watch Video by Prometric describing IIM's CAT 2011 registration and scheduling process.
Watch A video by Prometric on IIM's CAT test day procedures
Reality views by sm –
Tags- CAT 2011 Examination Date Duration Pattern